Saturday, December 16, 2017

Week 50 Review: Whispering Springs

From Goodreads:
The first secret is personal. The second one is a killer… 

The trip with old friends to Whispering Springs should have been a happy reunion. Yet former army ranger Dylan Burkhart suspects there's something darker at play. It doesn't take long before a game of anonymous secret-telling stirs the embers of a decade-old tragedy. A time when Dylan and Ava North stole a night of passion…and one of their friends died.

Then Ava stumbles upon a written confession of murder. Unable to trust anyone else, Ava and Dylan must confront the truth of that terrible night—and their hidden attraction for each other. Now their reunion has turned into a reckoning. They must find which of their friends is a killer…and fight for their lives and their love.

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I've really enjoyed Amanda Stevens books, the mysteries are intriguing, and the romances, the couples just connect together so well! Ava and Dylan were characters that I wanted to read more of!

The idea of a group of college friends, scatted away over the course of time, reuniting, sounds like fun. Expect that someone has a grudge of some sort. Add the fact that one of their number died shortly before their separation, makes things pretty tense!

That Dylan was dating the girl that died, and then was starting something with Ava just before that occurred, well, yeah, it was complicated! And that they haven't seen each other in a long time...that was an awkward situation!

I really enjoyed the mystery, we had a very set character list, so who the bad guy was was limited, but there were a good number of possible motives, and a number of scares and possible accidents maybe on purpose! Loved when it all came out, that was a great ending! I just wish we could've had more!

Yeah, I just loved this book, and I can't wait to read more by Amanda Stevens!

Author: Amanda Stevens
Read: December 15th, 2017
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing, and it sounds really good! And it's a SAC 2017 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Intrigue
Expected Publication: January 1st 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!