Saturday, November 18, 2017

Week 46 Review: More of Me

From Goodreads:
Teva goes to school, studies for her exams, and spends time with her friends. To the rest of the world, she's a normal teenager. But when she goes home, she's anything but normal. Due to a genetic abnormality, Teva unwillingly clones herself every year. And lately, home has become a battleground. When boys are at stake, friends are lost, and lives are snatched away, Teva has a fight on her hands—a fight with herself. As her birthday rolls around, Teva is all too aware that time is running out. She knows that the next clone will soon seize everything she holds dear. Desperate to hang on to her life, Teva decides to find out more about her past . . . and uncovers lies that could either destroy her or set her free.

My Review:
This book was really awesome! I loved how unique it was, and Teva has this choice-that everything with there being a number of previous, younger versions of her, or she's crazy. And she teeter-totters back and forth with pieces of evidence! So great to read!

If I were in her shoes, I don't know what I'd do. If she does have all these younger selves stuck in the house, well, that means the same thing is going to happen to her one day, and that's pretty awful. But if she's crazy, well, she's crazy, you know?

I loved the different relationships she had. Like the guy who started dating 15, but now that this Teva is here, well, that complicates things with both the guy, and 15, who Teva basically stole her life from. Which really sucks, but it's a cycle that keeps repeating.

At the center of it all, is the mystery of why this is happening to her, and trying to fix or stop it. As things progress, and stuff with her father comes out...well, things come to a head and yeah, that ending was pretty epic!

I really enjoyed how things ended, and I just plain enjoyed this book! It was so great!

Author: Kathryn Evans
Read: November 17th, 2017
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2017 Book!
Publisher: Amulet Books
Published: June 13th 2017
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!