Saturday, October 21, 2017

Week 42 Review: House of Furies

From Goodreads:
After escaping a harsh school where punishment was the lesson of the day, seventeen-year-old Louisa Ditton is thrilled to find employment as a maid at a boarding house. But soon after her arrival at Coldthistle House, Louisa begins to realize that the house's mysterious owner, Mr. Morningside, is providing much more than lodging for his guests. Far from a place of rest, the house is a place of judgment, and Mr. Morningside and his unusual staff are meant to execute their own justice on those who are past being saved.

Louisa begins to fear for a young man named Lee who is not like the other guests. He is charismatic and kind, and Louisa knows that it may be up to her to save him from an untimely judgment. But in this house of distortions and lies, how can Louisa be sure whom to trust?

Featuring stunning interior illustrations from artist Iris Compiet, plus photo-collages that bring Coldthistle House to chilling life, House of Furies invites readers to a world where the line between monsters and men is ghostly thin.

My Review:
This book was fantastic! It was dark and creepy, and that beginning, saying that she works for the Devil, yeah, shocking! I had to know how that all came to be! When I was reading this book, I didn't know if it was a series or not, and I'm glad it is, so we get more!

First off, I have to say, this is the first book I've read where the main character shares my name. Sure, there's been the odd book that had a character named Louisa, but this is the first time that character is the main character, and it was so freaking strange, almost like they were talking to me! And now writing this review, it's like I'm talking in 3rd person about myself! So freaking weird!

The way this book was told, with the creepy pictures, and excerpts from the book Louisa was reading just before the creature/being they was being talking about, we find out which of the character is also like them. So that was really interesting! 

The world of Unworld, was so interesting! And how there's the Devil, but he isn't how we perceive him, I really hope we get to really know how he actually is! The book drawing murderers to it, that's so interesting, and I can't wait to see it play out again! And to see these characters again!

This book was really fantastic, and I can't wait for book 2!

Author: Madeleine Roux
Series: House of Furies #1
Read: October 15th, 2017
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a Historical Fiction 2017 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2017 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: May 30th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!