Saturday, May 21, 2016

Week 21 Review: Shadow Rider

From Goodreads:
The #1 New York Times bestselling "queen of paranormal romance"* is back with a sexy new series starring a Chicago crime family that hides a dark, mystical secret...

Whether it's fast cars or fast women, Stefano Ferraro gets what he wants. When he's not fodder for the paparazzi, he commands Ferraro family businesses—both legitimate and illegitimate.

While their criminal activity is simply a rumor yet to be proven, no one knows the real truth. The Ferraros are a family of shadow riders capable of manipulating light and dark, an ability Stefano thought ran in his family alone—until now…

With little left to her name, Francesca Cappello has come to Chicago in hopes of a new life. She wasn't expecting to attract the attention of a man with primal hunger in his eyes, driven to claim her as his to protect and to please. And if he discovers her secret, it could ruin her... 

My Review:
Oh, wow, I was absolutely lucky to be able to read this book when I did! It was basically an unknown early birthday present, and one that I love, because books are like, the best gift in the world to give a bookworm!

I wanted to read this book because it was a Christine Feehan book. But I especially wanted to read it for these characters, Francesca who had her life torn apart by a bad guy. Stefano who has been the leader and protector of his family. The first chapter at the end of Fire Bound just hooked me!

This world of the Riders and these families with these gifts, was so fascinating! I was so intrigued by all the details that were given to us, and I can't wait to know more! Like how the whole divorce thing works-like is it strength or length of time dealing with being a Rider dictates how the split will happen? I want to know!

I loved the other relationship in this book, it was more being set up for whatever book they'll get. I hope it's the next one, because I want to see these two together, because oh, boy, do the sparks fly! And it would be a complicated thing, though maybe it should be the last one...I don't want to spoil! Well, there might actually be two, but the second one, yeah, nothing should happen there any time soon!

Such a great and fantastic book, just so enjoyable, and I can't wait for the sequel, and more of Christine Feehan's books!

Author: Christine Feehan
Series: Shadow #1
Read: May 18th, 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her books so much! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Jove
Expected Publication: June 28th 2016
/5 Hearts
/5 Books
/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!