Saturday, May 21, 2016

Week 21 Review: The Best Man

From Goodreads:
Sometimes The Best Man Is The One You Least Expect...

Faith Holland left her hometown after being jilted at the altar. Now a little older and wiser, she's ready to return to the Blue Heron Winery, her family's vineyard, to confront the ghosts of her past, and maybe enjoy a glass of red. After all, there’s some great scenery there....

Like Levi Cooper, the local police chief - and best friend of her former fiancé. There's a lot about Levi that Faith never noticed, and it's not just those deep green eyes. The only catch is she's having a hard time forgetting that he helped ruin her wedding all those years ago. If she can find a minute amidst all her family drama to stop and smell the rosé, she just might find a reason to stay at Blue Heron, and finish that walk down the aisle.

My Review:
This book was so freaking cute! I absolutely adored reading it, it was funny and smart and loveable! Especially the dogs! And looking at the spines of the next two books, yeah, there's going to be more doggies! I love doggies!

One comparison I can make, to the writing in this book, is that it's similar to Gena Showalter's Original Heartbreakers. This came first, but I read the other first! They had the same wittiness, and the situations that they got into! Loved it!

I really enjoyed getting to know these characters! They live in a wonderful town, they know each other, and there really are those bonds there! And the Blue Heron winery, and the Holland family, yeah, they were lovely, and I can't wait for the rest of the siblings to get their happy endings!

One thing that I wish had happened, was that Faith and Levi could meet up again with the guy from the beginning, you know, the one who was married with a child, and both wife and son called her a whore? Yeah, that would have been really awesome to read!

Loved this book, it was so amazing, and yeah, I can't wait to read more of this series!

Author: Kristan Higgins
Series: Blue Heron #1
Read: May 20th 2016
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I've enjoyed her books, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2016 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin HQN
Published: February 26th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!