Saturday, December 13, 2014

Week 50 Reviews: The Witch With No Name, Sudden Backtrack


From Goodreads:
At long last... The final book in the New York Times bestselling Hollows series by Kim Harrison!

Rachel Morgan's come a long way from the clutzy runner of Dead Witch Walking. She's faced vampires and werewolves, banshees, witches, and soul-eating demons. She's crossed worlds, channeled gods, and accepted her place as a day-walking demon. She's lost friends and lovers and family, and an old enemy has become something much more.

But power demands responsibility, and world-changers must always pay a price. That time is now.

To save Ivy's soul and the rest of the living vampires, to keep the demonic ever after and our own world from destruction, Rachel Morgan will risk everything.

From Goodreads:
The origins of the elf and demon war have been shrouded – until now. Told from a demon's point of view, join Al as he helps Newt spin the curse that caused the elven downfall… and perhaps holds the beginnings of their own reclamations.

My Review:
I loved reading these so much! And yet, I'm a bit sad, because this is most likely the end of any new Hollow material, so we have to say goodbye to the characters here, and yeah, that's sad, but it we had a pretty wild ride before we got there!

That beginning, with Rachel moving Al's line, for some reason, I thought that it was earlier in the series, so yeah, it took just getting through those books, that I guess I mixed up the first teaser chapters with earlier books! And the reason why-that Next changed her aura to Al's after The Undead Pool-yeah, that was fun to learn!

I forgot to look for mentions if Trent's a boxer or brief guy! I mean, Rachel mentioned in The Undead Pool, that she knew, but she didn't tell us! And then I forgot to look for mentions on that in The Witch With No Name! Bad me! This is a burning question!

So the elves, they are just bad! At magic, and bad people! Because of the whole surface demons really actually being the souls of dead vampires, which, while knowing where they are is kinda good thing, putting the 2 back together, well, the moral implications aren't too good! And then doing it on mass, well, that was just done wrong-because it frees the demons from the Ever After!

The Witch With No Name, well, the apocalypse basically happens. Like, it's much worse then what happened in the last book! Newt, and others, are on a platform, being killed-and some of them aren't even demons! And yeah, that was pretty scary, how quickly people turned to pretty horrible actions!

And the ending! Loved where they are at, so cute, but then I'm left with a few questions, about characters. How are Bix, Gregg, Belle, Jax, Marshal, Keasley, and a few others that I can't quite remember right now? These are questions that are taking up my mind!

It was awesome to read Sudden Backtrack, because not only is the start of the war between elves and demons, set after the demons created the ever after, but it's how Newt changed from being like other demons, to the Newt that we know in the series! And we get a bit about Al and his wife! Which makes me wonder if the elves killed his wife (which is preferable, for me, then) if his wife is one of the female demons that Next killed. Because Al and Newt get along pretty well, I'm leaning for the former!

Favourite line from Sudden Backtrack: "'Where did you learn to do that?' 'The truth? I have no idea. But it was effective. Perhaps I should write it down. I do know how to write, don't I? I'm not really sure anymore.'" Newt just after she becomes like how we know her! It's sad, but wondering if she knows how to write or not? That sounds like Newt!

Oh, wow, such an incredible ending to the series! I'm still in a bit of a shock, because it's over, and I want more, and yeah, while those that we know about are in a pretty good spot, what about the above people that we don't know? The questions are killing me!

Author: Kim Harrison
Series: The Hollows #13, 13.1
Read: December 10th, 10th, 2014
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love this series! So sad to see it end, but they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Books, and The Witch With No Name is a End of Series 2014 Book and WoW Book!
Publisher: Harper Voyager, Harper Voyager Impulse
Published: September 9th 2014, October 28th 2014

The Witch With No Name:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars









Sudden Backtrack:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!